Thursday, August 31, 2006

Typical Conversation

“I want to meet a New York Times reporter,” my roommate tells me last night. I’m sitting at my computer, trying to think of something to do.
“I’m sure you will,” I say.
She says she wants to speed it up, do something drastic to get their attention. Like go on a killing spree and give the exclusive interview to the Times. She starts imagining headlines and subtitles.
"Journalist goes on Rampage," I suggest.
“It would probably include journalism terms,” she says. “Journalist’s Rise to Fame Shorter than a Nut Graf.”
“Who would win in a fight, The Economist or the New York Times?” she asks.
“The NYTimes,” I say. “There’s more weight.”
“Who would win in a fight, the NYTimes or the NYT [pronounced Nyit]?” she asks.
“Um, I don’t know,” I say. “The NYTimes?”
“Yeah, probably,” she says.

No comments: