Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Indie band on a French carousel



Saw these guys at SXSW last year, at a small house party Marshall's band played. They're huge now - well, at least indie rock huge. I remember going up to one of them in the small, liquor sticky kitchen after they played and telling him how much I enjoyed it. I said something like, "Every year, I hope that some band will blow me away and you guys are it." I think I was drunk. I said this with much conviction. The guy seemed truly appreciative, took my compliment with wide-eyed, genuine acceptance, like it really meant something that I liked it so much. A sweet guy, really. I would like to see them again this year, but I am not sure if I can get into their shows now that they are so popular, or if it would be worth the investment of time to see something that blew me away once, when I could be listening for the next big thing.

No comments: