Sunday, March 21, 2010

Post-South-By

I uploaded my first video to YouTube today.



Marshall was playing a bit of a last minute show with his student who is an amazing violinist, and I decided it was time to learn how to use the video on my new DSLR. I apologize for cutting off the top of Josh's head most of the time, and I'm not sure how the focus works. But I'm going to make it work, because I'm set on filming a YouTube show starring my neighbor Ian. Ian is an amazing cook and he's also rather handy with crafts, so it will be called, "Ian's Home Cooking and Craft Show." Here's an idea of the amazing DIY skills we will learn on Ian's Home Cooking and Craft Show: screenprinting for your guerrilla gardening group! After that, we will cook a comforting chicken soup and learn about Ian's new favorite wine. (He is also a connoisseur, which will run as a byline during the wine segment.) It will be so informative and fun.

A SXSW P.S. The violinist's other band (when he is not in high school) was my hands-down favorite of the festival. I had seen them before, but they blew me away a second time and gained a standing ovation from a room of 600 or more. Described as "a small symphony with an epic sound." You must give them a listen: Mother Falcon.

No comments: